Hard Red Winter Wheat Trade Desk Lead
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS Inc. has an exciting opportunity to join our Commodity Trading team as a Hard Red Winter Wheat Trade Desk Lead. A successful candidate will have the ability to work with a diverse group of people and build effective long-lasting relationships. In addition, must be able to make decisions, work independently, and be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and have proven leadership capability.
This position is located at our Inver Grove Heights, MN office and will work a hybrid schedule.
- Lead and develop the North American hard winter wheat trading strategy for CHS including annual business plan, budget, and forecast.
- Leverage our CHS Hard Wheat franchise to the marketplace
- Develop and implement a growth strategy for hard wheat, in both export markets and domestic that will:
- Grow the participation of our affiliated cooperatives in our overall origination.
- Maximize our assets capacity utilization. Keep expanding the origination activity beyond the traditional channels and areas.
- Keep expanding our destination and customers outlets.
- Maintain existing customer base and identify, develop and build new opportunities domestically and as well as globally.
- Build and implement processes that will:
- Maximize the capacity utilization of our export and country assets for all the wheats classes in combination with our corn and soybean product leads.
- Maximize end to end margin for Hard Wheat, including maximizing the structural margin of CHS export and country assets.
- Identify strategic partnership and commercial alliances opportunities, both domestically and internationally
- Provide leadership to JV’s and affiliates regarding cash grain positions, business opportunities and grain trade.
- Lead all delivery decisions for Kansas Hard Wheat futures contract and all pit positions for CHS in totality.
- Provide leadership in freight positioning and packages for the CHS Inc enterprise and outside affiliate customers.
- Point person to railroads specific to hard wheat opportunities for the enterprise.
- Lead team of 1-2 direct reports, providing them coaching, management, and development through the sharing of knowledge & ideas and providing clear direction of goals.
- Perform other responsibilities as needed or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- 7+ years of experience in Grain Procurement, Merchandising, or Trading
- Bachelor’s degree in Ag Business, Ag Economics, or other business-related program
- Experience in leading individuals
- Working knowledge of NGFA contracts and futures exchange rules
- Experience working with international teams
- P&L Managment experience
- Previous global trade experience Commodity markets and trading subject matter expertise
- Exceptional analytical and decision making skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Interested in a specific role or location? Sign-up for job alerts and we’ll automatically notify you when there’s an opening.
Join our talent community
Want to stay in touch? Join our talent community and we’ll send you updates about what’s happening at CHS and when we’re hiring.Sign up