CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Global Grain & Processing division in Inver Grove Heights, MN. We are looking for a Grain Origination Intern to work with producers and Country Operations elevator staff. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Make contact with farmers updating them on market trends, current grain quotes, and grain programs
- Work closely with Merchandiser personnel (i.e., grain merchants, grain buyers, the hedge desk and accountants) in exchange of information
- Call out, fax, or email bid changes and closing bids to customers
- Report and type all purchasing contracts quickly and accurately
- Work with the elevator and office staff in the exchange of information to enhance the flow of grain
- Gain knowledge and understanding of business
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year Agriculture degree program
- Previous Internship with Grain Procurement
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.