CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting externship opportunity within the Corporate Compliance and Integrity Department. We are looking for a Compliance Extern to work with Compliance staff to analyze compliance issues and opportunities encountered by CHS and its various business units. You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be detail oriented and flexible with strong problem-solving ability and ability to prioritize assigned duties and work independently.
- Research and prepare summaries of laws regarding various compliance and regulatory matters.
- Draft and review compliance policies and programs regarding compliance and/or grain, energy, crop inputs, processing, and other commercial transactions.
- Conduct due diligence review with respect to various M&A and other important business transactions.
- Work on projects as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Currently enrolled in law school and completed first or second year
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, including Word
- Proficient with legal research tools, such as Westlaw
Background or coursework in agriculture or energy
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.