CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Global Grain and Processing group in Inver Grove Heights, MN. We are looking for a Global Trade Execution Intern to help support a variety of projects that will range in scale and complexity. This role will provide direct support for the import and export of agricultural commodities from the United States to international locations. You must be detail oriented, thorough, demonstrate accountability, and understand the financial impact of transactions with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. You will have the opportunity to develop your skills by learning from and collaborating with a talented team. This internship is for Summer 2024.
- Understand the contract creation process and governing legal and regulatory rules
- Understand and execute documentation requirements for US Customer and Border Protection and Partner Government Agencies (PGA’s)
- Issue/Review order instructions to ensure on time deliveries to our international customers
- Understand applicable export regulations and requirements
- Interact with internal and external customers and provide a positive customer experience
- Collaborate with Sales, Transportation and forwarding agents to ensure documentation is submitted accurately and consistent for clean execution to international locations
- Advise shipment details as required to customers or transportation providers
- Follow-up with carriers, manage pre-alerts daily, and maintain record of all communications
- Work with freight forwarding providers and customs brokers as needed
- Project work relevant to global trade execution and international business
Minimum Qualifications (required)
Currently enrolled in Agriculture, International Business, Finance, Supply Chain, or similar degree program at an accredited institution entering junior or senior year, or recent graduate
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of products, including Outlook, OneNote, Teams, Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Ability to work well in a team environment; develop and maintain positive working relationships with internal and external customers
- Strong organizational skills, with attention to detail and ability to prioritize workload
- Capacity to think and solve problems independently within a changing environment while being customer focused and building solid relationships
- Strong interpersonal and business communication skills, both written and verbal
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.