CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in the Transportation and Logistics business unit within the Energy Group. We are seeking a Fleet Asset Manager who will be responsible for the design, development, and execution of a fleet asset strategy for CHS Transportation and Logistics fleet primarily comprised of trucks, tractors, and bulk liquid transport trailers. In this role, you will develop fleet vehicle standards to minimize cost while meeting user requirements. This role is responsible for translating standards and requirements to design specifications and requests for proposal. This role will develop and leverage strong OEM relationships to maximize contract value, grants, incentives, and warranties. This role will help optimize asset utilization through collaboration with stakeholders and strategic planning to include purchasing, leasing, pooling, permanent reassignment, temporary redeployment, and short-term renting of assets. Determine optimal life-cycle replacement plan through total-cost-of-ownership analysis and remarketing planning.
- Manage 1500 unit owned and rented fleet assets.
- Ensure asset mix and assignment support operational requirements.
- Develop and execute owned, leased, pooled, and rented asset strategies to assign and deploy assets to optimally balance availability, downtime, and utilization.
- Create and leverage reporting tools to support decision making and minimize instances of low utilization.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to produce fleet vehicle standards to minimize cost while meeting user requirements.
- Coordinate active, repair, parked, etc. status with maintenance and operations to maximize asset utilization.
- Minimize downtime through temporary redeployments and reassignments.
- Oversee fleet legalization and compliance responsibilities such as USDOT filings, insurance, tax, licensing, permitting and other related compliance requirements.
- Develop and manage annual fleet capital and rental budgets.
- Balance purchase financing and leasing option plans with Treasury and Financial Planning and Accounting.
- Validate fleet composition is rationalized and right sized through collaborative stakeholder planning.
- Establish an asset utilization and replacement plan leveraging analytics to perform life-cycle analysis, rotation optimization and replacement compliance based on total-cost-of-ownership modeling.
- Plan and support capital maintenance and refurbishment activities.
- Manage bumper-to-bumper, powertrain, and other OEM warranties.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for vehicle recalls.
- Prepare monthly capital forecast.
- Oversee asset remarketing and disposal program.
- Serve as primary liaison between CHS Transportation and Logistics and OEMs while partnering with Strategic Sourcing to establish complete asset life cycle, best value OEM contracts.
- Collaborate with suppliers to build detailed fleet asset design specifications based on CHS standards.
- Reserve slots and develop OEM production schedules with suppliers, partner with sourcing to establish supplier relationship management programs and ensure delivery expectations are properly forecasted for finance and operations.
- Own CHS Transportation and Logistics fleet asset master data.
- Establish and input the fleet asset record such as initial asset specifications, costs, warranty, assignments, and initial maintenance programs.
- Additionally, ensure ongoing capital expenditures and significant modifications are added to the primary record.
- Perform subject matter expert and primary consultant responsibilities for asset management systems and requirements.
- Be accountable for Fleet Transportation and Maintenance asset specific data and related content.
- Manage and administer capital asset procurement and project management systems.
- Be the CHS subject matter expert on new and evolving vehicle technologies to improve operational productivity, performance, alternative drivetrain technologies, and automation goals
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School Diploma
- 7+ years of experience in accounting, finance, supply chain, or business planning and consulting with experience in fleet vehicle acquisition and disposal
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or automotive engineering, business or supply chain management or another related field
- Experience working with or designing specifications for heavy duty vehicles and with 3-years’ experience in fleet vehicle acquisition and disposal
- Mechanical experience beneficial
- Analytical and problem solving
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Strong computer skills, experience with Microsoft Office and Fleet Management Information Systems highly desirable
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.