CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting summer internship opportunity in our Global Grain & Processing Financial Accounting group. This position will play an active role in the month-end close and financial reporting process. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, strong analytical, problem-solving, and general accounting skills with a strong desire to learn. The ability to prioritize, independently complete assignments, work effectively in multiple information systems, and be detail and results-oriented is critical to the position.
- Record journal entries in the general ledger.
- Perform monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Perform ad hoc accounting tasks, analysis, and reporting.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Proficient in Excel
- Previous internship experience
- Knowledge of SAP, JDE, or BPC
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.