CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting summer internship opportunity within the Energy Finance & Accounting teams. The Energy Finance Intern position is intended to provide a broad experience within the different finance and accounting functions. Come be a part of a multinational company and develop a general understanding of financial planning & analysis (FP&A), reporting and accounting. You must be able to act as a consultant for our team by providing excellent communication, both verbal and written. Strong attention to detail, flexibility with strong problem-solving ability and ability to prioritize assigned duties.
- Provide support for monthly reporting, quarterly forecast, and annual budget process.
- Prepare monthly analysis reports for business unit management.
- Provide exceptional customer service by researching, resolving, and/or escalating inquiries.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and be involved in projects as assigned.
- Work collaboratively across other departments across CHS.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Finance, Business Administration or Accounting
- Currently a junior or senior with graduation dates in Winter 2022 or Spring 2023
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel
- Experience performing basic financial analysis
- Ability to utilize and learn new tools and systems to analyze financial data
- Basic knowledge of accounting & finance principles
- Knowledge of SAP, BPC, JDE
- Prior internship experience
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.