Fall Commodity Trading Intern
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Global Grain and Processing division. We are looking for an enthusiastic, outgoing individual who is passionate about markets and agriculture to join our team as a Commodity Trader Intern within the Agronomy team. The Commodity Trader Intern will work as part of a multinational team with broad exposure to many facets of commodity trading, which may include Grain, Energy and Fertilizers. You must have strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving abilities and be able to prioritize assigned duties. This internship is for the Fall of 2023.
- Learn about the overall global agronomy business, from trading to logistics to customer service.
- Interact daily with professionals in the renewable fuels industry, including trading, contracting, logistics and risk management
- Assist Commodity Traders with market analysis, including global supply and demand to grow CHS position in the assigned commodity.
- Provide innovative and creative solutions in your data analysis and problem solving.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and be involved in projects as assigned.
- Collaborate with other business units and product lines within CHS, as applicable.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program in Business, Finance, Agriculture, Economics, or like program; or a recent college graduate
- Experience with Microsoft Office (excel)
- Ability to utilize and learn new tools and systems to analyze data
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Interested in a specific role or location? Sign-up for job alerts and we’ll automatically notify you when there’s an opening.
Join our talent community
Want to stay in touch? Join our talent community and we’ll send you updates about what’s happening at CHS and when we’re hiring.Sign up