CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Transportation group. We are looking for a Logistics Specialist I to assist in the conduction of distribution and network studies, monitor inventory and analyze requirements that would help achieve desired delivery times and order fill rates. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, be a tactful thinker, and have the ability to function in a fast paced environment.
This is a Sunday through Wednesday shift
- Coordinate all outbound shipments from terminals to end-user customers.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Assist with seasonal blending and switching product by working with the co-ops.
- Perform routing within price parameters required to ensure profitability.
- Enhance delivery execution by avoiding run-outs.
- Maintain constant communication with counterparts, terminals, drivers and customers for accurate and timely execution of deliveries.
- Monitor drivers on time delivery performance.
- Maintain customer relationships
- Assist customers with their product needs and requests.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of experience in Transportation, Logistics, Distribution and/or Supply Chain industry.
- Knowledge of DOT, FMCSA, CSA, and PHMSA.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Previous experience with bulk hazardous materials.
- Experience with route and dispatch execution tools.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.