CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS Inc. a $33B global enterprise has an exciting opportunity within our Global Grain and Processing (GG&P) Supply Chain organization. The Director, Rail Transportation reports to the Sr. Director, Transportation and is responsible for managing all activities within rail transportation at CHS Inc. These activities include shuttle programs, car programs, industrial projects, and relationship management. The director, Rail Transportation will oversee a freight spend over $1 billion along with being accountable for the entire supply chain from origin to delivery of agricultural commodity products to end-user customers. This role also has oversight of the business unit IT enhancements, projects and strategy. You will also play a key role and be a member of transformation initiatives such as Enterprise Supply Chain Planning and Optimization and Enterprise Transportation Sourcing while also participating & consulting in the Enterprise United project as a Subject Matter Expert for enterprise transportation management system (SAP - TM).
In this role you will:
- Provide vision and leadership for the rail team at CHS Inc
- Manage a large team responsible for a variety of rail activities.
- Create and champion a culture of safety. Drive operational excellence and optimization with the right cost management and pricing strategy to maximize the benefits for internal and external CHS stakeholders
- Manage risk associated with our various rail programs and be able to communicate to senior and executive leadership on a frequent basis
- Responsible for identification, prioritization and implementation of technology enhancements, projects and IT strategy for Transportation initiatives. Is responsible for the information technology roadmap consistent with BU strategy.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Agri-business, Finance, Business or related field
- 7+ Year’s of relevant business experience in leading and managing large teams
- 7+ Year’s experience leading a multi-million-dollar business
- Ability to shift time and be agile in not only understanding the tactics but also establishing the strategy.
- Strong risk management skills
- Strong systems thinking ability that clearly shows understanding of upstream and downstream impacts of changes in the supply plan
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the proven ability to communicate with all levels and functions
- Ability to lead and develop a high-performing team, providing direction, guidance, and vision
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Outstanding relationship building skills, organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to influence others without direct authority
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
- Lean Certification
- Demonstrated process discipline that includes building, maintaining, and improving effective processes.
- Proven adaptability and ability to lead others through change
- Experience in international commodity supply chain with specific focus on agricultural trade
- Business Process Improvement
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.