CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Crop Nutrients division. We are looking for a Director, Commodity Trading in our Phosphate product line. This opportunity will add value for our producers/owners, customers and key stakeholders by providing an effective link to fertilizer markets worldwide. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and have proven leadership capability.
- Lead and coordinate the enterprise trading risk management strategy on Phosphate fertilizer.
- Develop annual business plan, budget and forecast for multiple end to end profit centers.
- Form overall strategy for how and where risk is assumed within enterprise parameters.
- Provide clear direction regarding department and functional goals and lead a team of traders in a collaborative environment.
- Perform market analysis and execute strategies for positioning, buying and selling Phosphate product line.
- Trade futures in their respective exchanges to manage risk and optimize supply chain profits.
- Understand the complexity of commodity derivatives as well as the rules and regulations associated with them to ensure compliant application.
- Provide exceptional customer service via divisional marketing team members or directly to customers.
- Resolve issues and disputes with accounting, transportation, shippers and buyers.
- Maintain existing customer base and identify, develop and build new opportunities.
- Develop direct reports through sharing of knowledge and ideas, providing clear direction of goals and initiating development plans for all reports.
- Work closely with senior merchants and management in developing strategy, divisional annual business plan and key initiatives.
- Lead key initiatives through a systematic process to translate strategy into actions.
- Communicate market information and strategy with CHS enterprise offices to promote and ensure trading alignment.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- 7+ years of experience in Commodity Risk Management and/or Trading
- Prior leadership experience with progressively advancing level of leadership responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Ag Business, Ag Economics, or other business related program
- Experience working with international teams
- Experience in public speaking
- Profit and Loss (P&L) management experience
- Experience achieving and exceeding budgeted financial goals
- Experience conducting market analysis, negotiating and closing contracts
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.