CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in the Sustainability division. Reporting to the VP, Sustainability and Innovation, the Director, Climate Initiatives and Reporting will provide enterprise-wide leadership to develop the CHS climate strategy, including the development of the timeline and action plan to identify, evaluate, collect and calculate scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions. The Director, Climate Initiatives and Reporting will serve as a key leader on the sustainability and innovation team, including the development of the overall CHS sustainability and innovation strategy, identifying and cultivating new business opportunities around climate and carbon. This role will work closely with the Director, Innovation and Cooperative Ventures, collaborate with the Sustainability and Innovation Steering Council, lead implementation workgroups, and develop sustainability and climate-related communications. The ideal candidate will be located in the St. Paul/Minneapolis, MN area, however, will consider remote options for top talent.
- Work collaboratively across CHS to develop CHS’s roadmap for setting and achieving climate-related goals, including determining CHS’s emissions baseline, the best approach to setting climate-related goals, and identifying the actions required to achieve the climate goals.
- Manage and support the execution of the climate strategy through project management, partnership, and strategic coordination of expertise across external partners and internal stakeholders.
- Identify the technology and tools needed to collect, calculate and track emissions.
- Develop the process to efficiently collect enterprise emission data and prepare reports internally and externally (i.e. annual sustainability report, SEC and CDP).
- Understand industry business drivers, trends and reporting needs to prioritize climate-related actions.
- Communicate and clearly articulate complex climate information, internally and externally, at all levels.
- Develop internal and external training materials.
- Closely follow policy changes and apply updates to the climate strategy.
- Lead the process to set climate-related goals.
- Work cross-functionally to execute the climate strategy.
- Provide technical expertise to internal and external stakeholders.
- Represent CHS at industry events and CHS-sponsored events and meetings.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Sustainability Management, Environmental Science or related field
- 10+ years work experience in one or more of the following areas: sustainability, environmental management, or related field
- 5+ years setting climate related goals for organizations to include experience with sustainability reporting and disclosures such as CDP and Global Reporting Initiative (GRI)
- Environmental science background
- Ability to understand and evaluate data, communicate complex concepts and data points
- Ability to think strategically about the approach to successfully manage emissions and climate actions
- Experience working in the agriculture, energy and/or food related industry
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.