CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity; we are looking for a Technical Customer Support Representative to join our team and bridge customers with Account Managers, Supply and Logistics. The Technical Customer Support Representative is responsible for the successful execution and management through the entire life cycle of fertilizer contracts and orders. This individual will work directly with account managers and ensure the highest level of support is delivered to our customers and vendors. This role will be supporting our locations in the East and will be working within the ET timezone. This will be a remote position.
Ensure daily tasks are completed accurately and timely: Daily task would include but not be limited to the following
- Contract management (i.e. contract entry, maintenance of orders, contract closure, reconciliation, etc.)
- Address customer requests via phone or email (internal & external customers)
- Customer invoicing
- Collaborating with teammates
- Inventory management within ERP system
- Work closely with sales, supply, logistics and other CHS Agronomy teams
- Occasionally required to provide weekend/evening coverage during peak season (typically spring and fall)
- Back up coverage of teammates
- Ensure billing issues are resolved timely
- Inventory reconciliation
- BI report management
- Analyzing processes to identify areas of improvement
Apply LEAN or continuous improvement methodology to implement changes to current state processes
Advocating and implementing change management best practices
Continuing education (to include but not limited to professional growth and development, changes to CHS policies and procedures, and completion of CHS LEAN program)
Providing documentation and support for quarterly financial audit
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Associates Degree with at least 2 years work experience in operations, customer support, or related role
- Experience can offset the need for a degree
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Dedication to building strong relationships with external and internal customers
- Creative problem-solving abilities
- Courageous decision-making abilities
- The aptitude to effectively prioritize and execute tasks to full completion
- Meet challenging deadlines while still producing high-quality work
- Technical capability to include Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work extended hours as the business demands
- Bachelor’s Degreein Business, Agriculture, Finance, or other related field
- Work experience may offset degree requirement.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.