CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Wholesale Enterprise Credit Group as an Experienced Credit Analyst. This position will be responsible for underwriting new and existing Agriculture and Energy customers and qualifies them for credit lines. You will be responsible for proactively managing the credit risk of an assigned portfolio. This position will require intermediate level analytical, strategic, and technical analysis skills. This is an individual contributor position that will require strong communication skills, both verbal and written. You must be a strong team player able to collaborate with both internal and external customers in order to successfully manage your portfolio.
- Perform pre-sale credit risk evaluations on new customers, with emphasis on financial statement analysis as well as evaluation of data obtained from bank and trade references.
- Conduct financial credit evaluations on assigned portfolios of customers, identifying key risk elements for each account, assign risk ratings and recommend appropriate action to reduce risk to CHS when warranted.
- Approve credit line amounts within assigned authority level.
- Manage customer account balances to their approved credit line amounts.
- Negotiate collateral\security requirements with customers.
- Coordinate with the Collections and the Legal departments on delinquent accounts in order to optimize CHS cash flow.
- Critically and logically evaluate the costs, risks and benefits of alternative actions before making decisions.
- Resolve moderately complex credit problems and confer with management on highly sensitive accounts.
- Participate in special projects enhancing the department effectiveness by leveraging technology and the integration of Accounts Receivable portfolio with risk assessment tools.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Perform other responsibilities as needed or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience in Finance, Accounting and/or Credit
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Strong critical thinking, financial analysis and decision making skills
- Strong negotiation and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with business partners, build and maintain positive customer relationships, and provide excellent customer service
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Business, Business Administration, or related field
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.