CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting summer internship opportunity in our Corporate Accounting group. This position will play an active role in the month-end accounting close and financial reporting process. The internship will provide a real-work experience and mentoring from CHS professionals to prepare for a career in accounting, while being part of a broader intern cohort program with other peers. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, strong analytical, problem-solving, and research skills, be detail-oriented, with natural curiosity and a desire to learn
- Record journal entries in the general ledger.
- Perform monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Prepare schedules in support of the 10-Q reported externally to the SEC.
- Perform ad hoc accounting tasks, analysis, and reporting.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects.
- Foster and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures, and regulations.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or Finance with intermediate accounting coursework
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Previous work experience
- Pursuit of CPA certification
- Knowledge of ERP systems (e.g. SAP and JDE)
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.