CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
This role will be the champion for outstanding purchase/sale execution support for our grain product lines while understanding the business realities of service & cost. This position will own the process for the execution of a Grain purchase and or sale contract end-to-end. These responsibilities will include the scope of customer support such as product quality tracking, product delivery, order fulfillment, track & trace, and providing supporting documents. The Supply Chain Coordination will have a deep understanding of our Grain business and effectively collaborate with merchandisers, as well as other functions across CHS, including supply chain planning, transportation, terminal operations, distribution, and finance to deliver a best-in-class customer experience. This position is located at our Inver Grover Heights, MN office and will work a hybrid schedule.
You will help to define and build the future of our global-scale order management process for Grain product lines. You will join our dynamic and fast-paced Supply Chain organization as we build up the people, process, and technology to improve operational efficiency and support our customer base through the order fulfillment life cycle.
- Will support our customers' order fulfillment needs to execute both internal & external shipments in current ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) System(s).
- Coordinate with partner teams and internal customers to resolve bottlenecks, address issues, and keep the team moving.
- Work alongside the merchandisers to inititate shipments, gather required documentations/information to close out a sale, provide accurate and detailed infromation to finance for prompt and accuraste settling of shipments.
- Lead improvment process in partnership with buisness leaderhsip through the complete life cycle from idea to developemnt to deployment - and be responsible for the resulting in buisness outcomes.
- Develop buesiness system process to assure optimization of operations and work processes establishing work instructions buisness use cases and tools.
- Follow all credit and risk policies.
- Coordinate regularly with distribuion, transportation, and operational leads to ensure clear communication on inventory & order demands to support customer needs.
- Notify commercial and leadership peers of any customer issues or supply gaps.
- Identify, prioritize, and screen initiatives working collaboratively with commercial team leads, distribution S&OP (Sales & Operations Planning) & operations, where applicable.
- Be a liaison for Grain Order Managment processes supporting communication with internal departments including Commercial, IT (Information Technology), Accounting, Tax, Credit and Transportation.
- Partner with your counterparts across the other Ag Business product line channels to gain alignment in processes and customer experience levels.
- Develop ad-hoc reports and information tools as well as deploy bot technology as requested to support global order management transactions and processes.
- Develop & Track Order Management Scorecards to include Business KPI's such as On Time in Full % Customer Quality Tracking Metrics, Order Accuracy %, Back-order rate %, etc. Define, Track, and celecrate success within your product area.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- 3+ years of experience in Customer Service, Sales Support, or Supply Chain.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, Or related field.
- Previous experience using enterprise resource planning systems (ERP).
- Lean Certification.
- Agriculture and/or energy industry experience.
- Leading or participating in process improvement projects.
- Experience monitoring and responding to metrics, resulting in a path of continual improvement.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Microsoft Teams.
- Ability to work effectively in multiple information systems.
- Highly motivated self-starter, able to follow through with tasks/projects to successful completion.
- Building collaborative relationships, Customer Orientation, Analytical Thinking, Initiative/Independence, Flexibility/Adaptability.
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all of a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.