CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
Middle office employees perform functions that support the operations of the front office in various areas, such as risk management, financial control, strategic management, and information technology. The department’s employees ensure that the deals transacted by the front office are accurately recorded and processed and that all compliance documents are filled and completed. They also provide the front office with market data related to various securities and financial markets to help risk managers mitigate market risk and stay within the limits of risk management policy. Middle Office Analysts mitigate market and financial risk exposure through trade interpretation and analysis along with ensuring proper regulatory and financial compliance and general ledger activity.
- Perform complex market position balancing including joint venture and global positions, complex options, specialty contracts and pricing types.
- Accountable for hedge adjustment reporting, trade execution for hedge and book transfers, trader position setup and support.
- Ensure trade compliance and regulatory rule administration. Monitor open contract reports to ensure data and deal accuracy.
- Monitor internal and inter-company dealing to identify/escalate potential fraudulent or unusual trading activity.
- Work with regulatory compliance team on new market risk group to provide accurate and appropriate trade information in a timely manner.
- Provide Financial/Accounting support including analysis and compilation of Mark to market calculations and estimates, and validation of trader bid sheet formation. Calculate financial profit and loss contract mark to market. Work with global contacts as it relates to market position reporting and P&L.
- Assist in quarterly and monthly financial reporting and disclosures.
- Assist in the development and documentation of risk metrics, risk reporting and risk control processes and procedures.
- Perform other responsibilities as needed or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Agriculture, Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Compliance and/or Internal Audit
- Previous experience in Grain Accounting and/or Marketing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.