Analyst, Financial Senior
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for supporting agriculture retailers’ operations leaders through commercial FP&A activity. This position will play a pivotal role in transforming finance through transferring FP&A related responsibilities to a center-led team. This includes, but is not limited to, supporting retail operations, sales, trading, planning, and functional managers through budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis & general business and decision support. The position will also work closely with Ag Finance and Corp. Finance FP&A team members supporting budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis and other responsibilities.
Partner with and Support Commercial Leaders
- Provide detailed Income Statement flux analyses and variance analyses
- Analyze volumes and margins quantitatively and qualitatively. Provide insights and recommendations to commercial leaders based on findings.
- Analyze sales general and administrative expenses against budgets and forecasts.
- Compare direct plant expenses to budgets.
- Analyze efficiency of assets and make recommendations for improvements. Support BU leaders with producer board material preparations and presentations.
- Support commercial leaders by providing reporting to be shared with local producer boards.
Provide Financial Analysis & Decision Support
- Execute complex financial analysis to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve margins and/or reduce risk.
- Analyze financial data, market trends, and industry benchmarks to gather findings and insights that can be leveraged to improve the BU decision making capabilities; prepare appropriate communications to leaders.
- Enable decision making via the delivery of high impact financial analyses.
- Lead ad-hoc projects without significant guidance from leadership.
Strengthen Financial Forecasting & Analytical Capabilities
- Partner with the business unit and finance team to enhance financial forecasting capabilities and increase forecast accuracy.
- Partner with finance FP&A team to develop financial dashboards, models and reports for commercial leadership and divisional leaders.
- Assist with process improvement projects that focus on budgeting and long-range planning.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Business, Business Administration, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Finance, Accounting, and/or Financial Planning and Analysis
- Ability to solve complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
- In depth understanding of budgeting, long-range planning and forecasting processes as well as various financial statements (Balance Sheet, P&L, Statement of Cash Flow).
- Confirmed proficiency in financial analysis, modeling, and forecasting.
- Demonstrated learning agility with the ability to understand complex business problems.
- Experienced user of ERP systems and forecasting tools as well as strong experience working with various types of data and information.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to teach and mentor others and thrive in a team environment.
- Possess a continuous improvement mindset with the desire to lead change initiatives.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Interested in a specific role or location? Sign-up for job alerts and we’ll automatically notify you when there’s an opening.
Join our talent community
Want to stay in touch? Join our talent community and we’ll send you updates about what’s happening at CHS and when we’re hiring.Sign up