CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Global Grain & Processing Division. We are looking for an Accounting Specialist to review, record, and process transactions for multiple locations. You must be detail oriented, flexible to accommodate special requests, able to meet deadlines, and have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Handle settlement of various shipment types for multiple facilities and customers.
- Manage internal and external customer inquiries.
- Prepare daily inbound shipments for reconciliation and application.
- Resolve customer payment concerns.
- Apply knowledge of electronic document file system.
- Use problem solving and time management skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Associate’s degree
- Up to 3+ years of transactional accounting experience
- 1+ years of experience working with internal and external customers
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, or related field
- SAP experience
- Experience in the agriculture industry
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package.
Compensation: This includes base wage and may consist of other earnings depending upon position within CHS, consisting of bonuses, incentives, commissions, merit pay. This position may be an opportunity for promotion.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health, and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short-Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.