CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Corporate Accounting group. We are looking for a Corporate Accountant to execute general accounting and related functions to ensure accurate and timely financials. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, dependable, a team player and a self-starter with multi-tasking proficiency and excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Perform accounting processes and functions as assigned, including: journal entries, payment processing, task reconciliations, and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Manage bank accounts by communicating with various accounting and banking personnel to resolve open items and minimize outstanding items.
- Monitor and advise bank personnel on positive pay items to prevent fraudulent checks.
- Perform financial analysis to identify key trends and data points that can help manage the business.
- Promote a strong control environment with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Assist in internal and external audit processes and others as needed.
- Comply with all state unclaimed property regulations by facilitating payments to state governments as required.
- Assist with other ad hoc projects that require critical thinking.
- Foster and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures, and regulations.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field with accounting course work
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and financial statement presentation and disclosure
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- 2+ years of accounting experience in public accounting or industry
- Experience with SAP or similar large ERP, and BPC or similar reporting tool
- Advanced Excel skills, including the ability to manipulate spreadsheets, create pivot tables and summarize data from multiple sources
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.