CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Finance organization within a hybrid work setting. We are looking for an Expert Accountant. The Expert Accountant will report to the Senior Manager Accounting for Country Operations and will help drive ongoing process improvement and transformation efforts.
- Lead Accounting projects from development through implementation that have measurable impact on company progress.
- Act as a subject matter expert and lead, and provide guidance and development for less experience / tenured Accounting professionals and support team.
- Act as a strategic business partner to Managers and Executives, provides high-level support to Accounting management.
- Ensure that financial reports are completed on time, in accordance with GAAP principles, and that they accurately reflect financial position.
- Coach, advise, and/or train less-experienced accountants and serve as a point of escalation for more complex accounting issues.
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Business, Business Administration, or related field
- 7+ years of experience in Finance and/or Accounting
- Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Knowledge of modern accounting and office methods and procedures
- Must possess a solid foundation in accounting fundamentals
- CPA certification or CPA exam eligible
- Experience with Finance ERP system
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with others to obtain, share, verify and validate information
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Interested in a specific role or location? Sign-up for job alerts and we’ll automatically notify you when there’s an opening.
Join our talent community
Want to stay in touch? Join our talent community and we’ll send you updates about what’s happening at CHS and when we’re hiring.Sign up