CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity at CHS for an entry-level Account Representative to join our growing Propane team. You must have strong problem-solving skills and be detail oriented with excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Contact small to moderate assigned accounts or prospects to sell products within a territory or by nature of customers.
- Secures and maintains distribution of products and/or services and maintains effective agreements.
- Prepares sales presentations, contracts, and proposals subject to review by supervisor.
- Participates in special projects such as major promotions, new product launches, and new marketing initiatives.
- Performs customer service and account maintenance duties for established, stable customers/markets.
- Focus on sales targets, new business development, maintaining and growing customer relationships, conduct outbound sales calls and manage the basics of the business.
- Sell and assist in managing a small book of business.
- Partner with customers to solve product and service needs.
- Help market and sell value added programs and services.
- Partner with Senior Account Managers to gain supply and marketing, regulatory, and product knowledge.
- Contact prospective new customers, qualifying leads for sales team.
- Partner with other sales team members and supervisors to achieve sales goals by attending conventions, trade shows, customer update meetings and more.
- Assist the Account Manager with their customers as needed.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School degree or equivalent
- 0-1+ years sales or related business experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Business, Communications, Marketing, or in a related field
- Knowledge of Sales and/or Business Development
- Prior Energy experience (preferably propane)
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.