CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 11,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS Grainland has an opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for an individual to join our Operations team working as a Seasonal Laborer in Holyoke, CO. You will assist patrons in a professional manner and promote a positive image of the coop. You must have the ability to adapt, think and make decisions quickly; have a pleasant attitude, be helpful, and customer focused.
- Hourly range: $12.31 - $19.46
- This position may have opportunity for promotion
- Acknowledge patrons and assist them in the appropriate area of operation in a courteous and professional manner.
- Carry out assigned responsibilities promptly and efficiently.
- Comply with company policy and government regulations regarding appropriate commodities handled.
- Develop and maintain a knowledge of commodities handled, work environment and develop safe work habits. Follow all company policies, procedures and safety requirements.
- Keep good housekeeping of working area at all times.
- Keep work area and grounds neat and clean.
- Load and unload products from trucks in a timely manner as they come into the business. Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Maintain and repair equipment as needed for safe and efficient operation. Perform housekeeping to ensure a clean, orderly, and safe work environment, both inside and outside of all facilities. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Perform stand counts and quality evaluations.
- Promptly report to supervisor any customer complaints, repair, maintenance needs and safety concerns.
- Provide management with input on improving efficiency of operation and profitability. Unload grain commodities as they are received. Verify proper working order of equipment and supporting vehicles.
- Work with patrons in a courteous and professional manner.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Knowledge of Production and/or Operations
- Ability to lift 75 lbs, climb rail cars, ladders, stairs and bins
- Ability to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and temperatures
- Ability to work long hours to meet business demands
- Farming background
- Grain handling experience
- Elevator experience
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package.
Compensation: This includes base wage and may consist of other earnings depending upon position within CHS, consisting of bonuses, incentives, commissions, merit pay. This position may be an opportunity for promotion.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.