Safety Specialist Senior
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS, Inc has an opportunity in our Environmental Health and Safety Division in Holyoke,CO. We are looking for a Senior Safety Specialist. Do something different every day as you work with our Health and Safety Teams.
Salary Range: $79,000-$132,000
- Coordinate compliance with all applicable Environmental, Health, and Safety (EH&S) related requirements (federal, state, local, and company).
- May assist more junior team members in work activities.
- Develop and implement of EH&S related plans, programs, policies, and procedures.
- Conduct effective EH&S related training for employees, contractors, and visitors.
- Conduct complex EH&S related audits, workplace inspections, job safety analysis, and maintain detailed recordkeeping.
- Provide first aid for minor injuries and coordinate prompt medical attention for more serious injuries.
- Conduct complex accident investigations, manage worker’s compensation process, and return to work program.
- Communicate EH&S related requirements and expectations to other departments and personnel to ensure regulatory compliance and a safe work environment.
- Properly respond to day-to-day EH&S related issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Keep current on all applicable EH&S related rules and regulations
- Perform other responsibilities as needed or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- 4+ years of experience in Environmental, Health, and/or Safety
- Agriculture background, facility operation, and management experience
- Understanding of construction practices and principles
- Experience in the inventory management process
- Ability to complete OSHA 30 hour construction training certification program
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Occupational Health, Environmental Health and Safety, or related field
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package.
Compensation: This includes base wage and may consist of other earnings depending upon position within CHS, consisting of bonuses, incentives, commissions, merit pay. This position may be an opportunity for promotion.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health, and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short-Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Interested in a specific role or location? Sign-up for job alerts and we’ll automatically notify you when there’s an opening.
Join our talent community
Want to stay in touch? Join our talent community and we’ll send you updates about what’s happening at CHS and when we’re hiring.Sign up