CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS offers COMPETITIVE PAY AND A GREAT LEARNING ENVIRONMENT with LONG TERM GROWTH opportunities.
We are hiring Crop Scout Intern in Loomis, NE for Spring 2022!
These internships will work closely with our customers, ensuring they are provided the highest level of service and information possible.
- Assist Agronomy Production Sales Specialists with crop scouting, soil sampling, and field agronomic problem solving.
- Use integrated pest management techniques to determine treatment thresholds.
- Generate written reports and present them to supervisor and/or customers.
- Learn the features and benefits of all agronomy products and services, assisting with over-the-counter sales and product delivery to customers.
- Learn to performance warehouse and agronomy plant operations.
- Learn and utilize our computer software, Agris, invoicing and inventory management systems.
- Assist in inventory management procedures.
- Learn crop protection product mixing and operation of application equipment.
- Custom application: Spread fertilizer and spray crop protection products with a high-wheel sprayer, floater, rogator, or ditch sprayer.
- Gain knowledge and experience with precision ag.
- Work with patrons and assist them in a courteous and professional manner.
- Work in and keep an environment that is compliant with state, local, and CHS environmental and safety policy.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Pursuing an Associates or Bachelor's Degree in related Agriculture field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Production agriculture understanding.
- Internship in Grain Procurement, Agronomy, Crop Scout, or other Ag related internship
- Commercial Driver’s License
- Certified Applicator Certificate
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.