CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS Holdrege has an opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for a Agronomy Sales Representative in Kearney, NE.You will work with farmers, ranchers and producers to promote the proper use of crop protection products, plant food, seed and other services offered at the cooperative to area producers by making on-the-farm sales presentations. The ideal candidate will have a strong mathematical aptitude and the ability to formulate fertilizer applications. You must be detail-oriented with excellent communication skills both verbal and written. This opportunity has growth potential and offers mobility within CHS.
- Partner with customers to achieve retail sales goals and execute sales.
- Identify opportunities to provide consultative services for businesses and customers.
- Utilize fundamental sales principles and practices, as well as acquiring product, customer, industry, and company infrastructure knowledge applicable to improving sales, marketing and consulting skills.
- Call on current and prospective customers, focusing on representing the assigned co-op, building relationships and promoting CHS products.
- Prepare basic and assist with moderate to complex, bids and proposals.
- Develop or participate in the development of straightforward customer presentations.
- Obtain information on market and industry trends, competitors and sales programs.
- Build customer relationships by providing proactive service through identifying customer needs and responding promptly.
- Build working knowledge of various products.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed or assigned.
- Responsible for Seed Accounting, including but not limited to Ordering, reporting, shipping, inventory and invoicing
- Prepare work orders as needed
- Responsible for soil sample invoicing and tracking
- Product Training
- CHS Sales Training National Sales Certification available
- Computer Training on CRM Software
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- Knowledge of Sales, Business Development, and/or Sales Business Operations
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Agricultural related field
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in MS Office Suite: Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.