CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations retail division. We are looking for an Agronomy Location Manager to plan and direct the marketing of the location’s Agronomy products and services offered by the cooperative to area producers through a team effort.
- Manage a full service Agronomy operation, including dry and liquid fertilizer, seed, seed treatment, crop protection products and custom application.
- Research, analyze, and monitor financial, technological, and demographic factors to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity.
- Work with General Manager and Agronomy Department Manager to create and manage agronomy location operating budget.
- Work with Agronomy Dept. Manager to negotiate contract terms & conditions for all product and major services.
- Work with Agronomy Department Manager and Sales Manager in product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Work with General Manager and Agronomy Department Manager to establish strategic marketing plans to achieve company objectives for Agronomy products & services.
- Evaluate and recommend distribution channel development programs.
- Maintain ongoing communication with General Manager, Location Managers, and Sales Manager to monitor competitive products and marketing activities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key industry and strategic community partners.
- Establish and maintain a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Monitor the work of all employees to correct deficient performance and effectively reward and develop all employees.
- Cultivate and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Soil Science or other Agriculture degree program (additional years of Agronomy operations experience may substitute for education)
- 5 years of agronomy operations or elevator operations experience
- Experience in Agronomy Operations or Agronomy Sales
- Supervisory experience
- Familiar with AGRIS accounting system
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package.
Compensation: This includes base wage and may consist of other earnings depending upon position within CHS, consisting of bonuses, incentives, commissions, merit pay. This position may be an opportunity for promotion.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health, and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short-Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.