CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS Southwest Grain has an exciting opportunity in ourlocation in Dickinson, ND. We are looking for a motivated self-starter to join our growing agriculture organization to be a Agronomy Sales Representative. You will work with farmers, ranchers and producers to promote the proper use of crop protection products plant food, seed and other services offered at the cooperative to area producers by making on-the-farm sales presentations. The ideal candidate will have a strong mathematical aptitude and the ability to formulate fertilizer applications.
- Manage P and L for an assigned territory.
- Develop relationships with suppliers to assist, advise and develop supply economics and strategies in region.
- Forecast supply requirements by month and annual basis.
- Increase sales and margins by prospecting new customers and executing sales programs.
- Facilitate positive long-term relationships with suppliers and customers to create long term repeat business.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with current and potential customers, vendors and internal staff.
- Prepare sales presentations, contracts and proposals to ensure successful transactions.
- Create, develop and execute innovative sales and marketing strategies that capture maximum value.
- Collaborate with other CHS divisions to leverage business relationships, growing the CHS enterprise.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- 4+ years of experience in Sales, Business Development, and/or Sales Business Operations
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Business, Communications, Marketing, or related field
- Outside sales experience to include: presentations, utilizing persuasive negotiation skills, customer service, conflict resolution, and working independently
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in MS Office Suite: Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.