CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity on our go-to-market team. We are looking for a Senior Grain Originator to work with producers in the Herman, MN area. You will work extensively with producers in procuring grain and setting up marketing programs. You must be able to make decisions and work independently, be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. This opportunity has growth potential and offers mobility within CHS. This person will be charged with growing an existing book of business and will have opportunity to drive business across our grain, agronomy, and energy teams. Relocation assistance offered for the successful candidate.
- Working independently, make professional contact with country elevators and farmer producers, and serve as the face of CHS to customers. Update them on market trends, current quotes, and agriculture business overall.
- Work to grow CHS business with new customers and in new regions.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with key accounts. Apply in-depth knowledge and insights into customer’s goals, in order to target complex procurement tactics.
- Procure CHS products from producers and elevators based on overall strategy. Make timing and quantity buying decisions. Report hedges, purchasing/sale of contracts quickly and accurately. Communicate bid changes and closing bids to customers.
- Respond to customer complaints, questions and requests in a timely manner.
- Interpret industry reports and understand changes and trends.
- Plan, develop, and implement complex purchasing strategies and tactics, in accordance with CHS policies and guidelines.
- Gather information regarding market players and communicate to appropriate stakeholders.
- Collaborate internally (i.e. merchandisers, hedge desk and accountants) to exchange information as needed.
- Manage customer shipments in conjunction with CHS capacity.
- Execute CHS logistics strategy around the physical movement of goods. Book truck rates on FOB purchases.
- Demonstrate effective cross-selling success achieving progressive customer share of wallet for multiple product lines.
- Apply CHS sales cycle leading to specific targeted results; provide consulting services to build on core selling skills.
- Perform other responsibilities as needed or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- 4+ years of experience in Supply Chain and Procurement and/or Commodities
- Ability to build and maintain strong business relationships
- Excellent customer service skills including negotiation and conflict management
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; comfortable asking questions and sharing information
- Strong critical thinking and decision making skills
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- In-depth knowledge of available trucking and rail operations, including their rates and limits, cash and futures markets and hedging strategy
- In-depth knowledge of importance and impact of logistics impact on customer business
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Business, Economics, Manufacturing, Logistics, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Statistics or related field
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
CHS offers a competitive total rewards package. Compensation includes base wage and, depending upon position, may include other earnings such as bonus, incentives and commissions. Actual pay offered will vary based on multiple factors which may include, without limitation, experience, education, training, specialized skills and certifications.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision, wellness programs, life insurance, health and dependent care savings accounts, paid time off, 401(k), pension, profit sharing, short- and long-term disability, tuition reimbursement and adoption assistance, subject to the eligibility requirements for each benefit plan.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disability.