CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHShas an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division in our Herman, MN location. We are looking for an Agronomy Sales Intern. You will work extensively with Country Operations Cooperative Customers in ensuring they are provided the highest level of service and information as possible. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Assist Agronomy Production Sales Specialists with crop scouting, soil sampling, and field agronomic problem solving.
- Use integrated pest management techniques to determine treatment thresholds.
- Generate written reports and present them to supervisor and/or customer.
- Learn the features and benefits of all agronomy products and services, assist with over-the-counter sales, and assist with product delivery to customers.
- Learn to perform warehouse and agronomy plant operations.
- Learn and utilize Agris invoicing and inventory management systems.
- Assist in inventory management procedures.
- Learn how to maintain equipment and facility.
- Work in and keep an environment compliant with state, local and CHS Environmental and Safety policy.
- Custom Application if qualified and/or if the need arises.
- Assist other departments as needed.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Currently enrolled in Ag Business, Crop Science, or other Agriculture related degree program.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Agriculture experience or background.
- Previous internship.
- Commercial Application Certification.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.