CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS is looking for an Outside Sales Specialist for our Cenex branded products. You must be able to make decisions, work independently, and in a team environment. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills both verbal and written. This opportunity has growth potential and offers mobility within CHS.
- Increase sales and profitability for the cooperative through implementation of sales, marketing and consulting processes for CENEX products and cooperative services.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with customers and potential customers.
- Develop new business and grow existing business.
- Advocate all programs of CHS including our Cenex Brand.
- Identify, Report and Provide any consultative services needed.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert and the local technical resource for cooperative staff.
- Stay informed on industry trends and information.
- Manage, organize, and prioritize multiple projects at one time.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Training Provided by CHS:
- Product Training
- CHS Sales Training
- National Sales Certification available
- Computer Training on CRM Software
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High school diploma or equivalency
- 2-4 years outside sales experience to include: presentations, utilizing persuasive negotiation skills, customer service, conflict resolution, and working independently
- Proficient in MS Office Suite: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Agriculture or other business related program
- Previous outside sales experience to include: presentations, utilizing persuasive negotiation skills, customer service, conflict resolution, and working independently.
- Agricultural background, Petroleum industry experience, or technical experiences in field
- Experience developing marketing plans, calculating margins, and profit
- Mechanical understanding of equipment
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.