CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity at our Sunflower plant in Grandin, ND. We are looking for a Packaging Associate to assist in the daily operations of the plant. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, work well in a team environment, and be self-motivated. Pay starts at $17.50 schedule is Monday - Friday hours 7:00am – 5:30pm.
- Operate scale and bag sealing equipment safely and efficiently while ensuring product is packaged in accordance to Company standards.
- Maintain all food products in accordance with food safety requirements.
- Stack product in prescribed pattern and quantity per pallet.
- Visually check product for color, size, and contamination. Report variances to Supervisor.
- Operate forklift or other powered industrial truck according to company policy.
- Clean and inspect all trailers before loading and ensure orders are loaded accurately and properly. Report any changes or problems to Supervisor immediately.
- Ensure work area is kept clean, orderly, and free of safety hazards.
- Perform routine maintenance of packaging equipment.
- Observe all safety and work rules, and practice GMPs as set by Company policy.
- Maintain sanitation schedules as assigned by Supervisor.
- Record all daily production neatly and accurately on the production sheets.
- Perform other jobs assigned.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Knowledge of Production and/or Operations
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.