CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS offers COMPETITIVE PAY and A GREAT LEARNING ENVIRONMENT with LONG TERM GROWTH opportunities!
We are hiring an Agronomy Sales Intern in Grand Meadows, IL for Spring 2024!
These internships involve working extensively with our customers in ensuring they are provided the highest level of service and information as possible. You must be detail-oriented with excellent communication skills.
- Assist Agronomy Production Sales Specialists with crop scouting, soil sampling, and field agronomic problem solving.
- Responsible for designing, monitoring, and summarizing on farm trails to provide valuable information to our customers and agronomy team working directly with CHS producers.
- Use integrated pest management techniques to determine treatment thresholds.
- Generate written reports and present them to supervisor and/or customer.
- Learn the features and benefits of all agronomy products and services, assist with over-the-counter sales, and assist with product delivery to customers.
- Learn to perform warehouse and agronomy plant operations.
- Learn and utilize our computer program, Agris, for invoicing and inventory management.
- Assist in inventory management procedures.
- Learn how to maintain equipment and facility.
- Work in and keep an environment that is compliant with state, local, and CHS Environmental and Safety policy.
- Custom application if qualified and/or if the need arises.
- Assist other departments as needed.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Currently enrolled in Ag Business, Crop Science, or other Agriculture related degree program.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Agriculture experience or background knowledge very helpful.
- Previous internship experience.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.