CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS Inc., a $33B global enterprise, has an exciting opportunity within our CHS Transportation organization. The Logistics Manager will manage third-party carrier relationships, spending, capacity, service, and CHS truck fleet shipment execution and truck back haul coordination to maximize value for CHS Ag product lines in our Valley Region. In addition, this leader will play a critical role in leading continuous improvement and change efforts to drive value for the organization.
This position can be in one of several locations in the Valley Region: Devils Lake, ND; Drayton, ND; Milton, ND; Grand Forks, ND; Warren, MN; St Hilaire, MN; Erskine, MN, and works a hybrid schedule. Open to position being based out of our Inver Grove Heights, MN corporate office location with travel to the Valley Region as needed.
- Manage third-party carrier relationships, spending, capacity, and service.
- Manage CHS truck fleet shipment execution and truck backhaul coordination.
- Collaborate with other CHS product line transportation and trading teams to identify and execute truck backhaul opportunities for both third-party carriers and the CHS truck fleet.
- Support CHS's Transportation and Logistics' truck carrier management strategy through negotiations, relationship management, carrier selection, and CHS1 enterprise approach.
- Independently analyze current transportation operations practices to resolve process and cost improvement opportunities.
- Monitor and communicate transportation rating trends to our commercial sales, trading, and purchasing teams.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures, and regulations for CHS private truck fleet and third-party carriers.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- 4+ years of experience in Supply Chain and Procurement and/or Transportation and Logistics
- Prior leadership experience with progressively advancing level of leadership responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Business, Systems Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Operations Management, or related field
- Understanding of standard shipping practices for covered hopper trucks and tank trucks
- Knowledge of commodity markets, contractual terms, truck transportation/logistics
- SAP and CMIS knowledge and experience
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package.
Compensation: This includes base wage and may consist of other earnings depending upon position within CHS, consisting of bonuses, incentives, commissions, merit pay. This position may be an opportunity for promotion.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Interested in a specific role or location? Sign-up for job alerts and we’ll automatically notify you when there’s an opening.
Join our talent community
Want to stay in touch? Join our talent community and we’ll send you updates about what’s happening at CHS and when we’re hiring.Sign up