CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for a Location Manager (Grain, Feed, Agronomy, & Energy) to establish operating policies consistent with the General Manager's broad policies and objectives and ensure their execution. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, possess strong relationship building skills, and have the ability to bring cross-functional teams together.
- Act as the liaison between the General Manager and department managers, developing and implementing procedures and controls to promote communication and adequate information flow within the organization.
- Evaluate and make recommendations to improve existing programs of elevator housekeeping, safety and equipment maintenance to avoid breakdowns and limit safety hazards. Maintain all related record keeping logs.
- Evaluate the results of overall operations regularly and systematically and reports these results to the General Manager.
- Maintain record keeping logs on all elevator equipment including legs, conveyors, grain cleaner, vehicles and all facility equipment.
- Manage the elevator operations according to divisional objectives to provide patrons with prompt, courteous and effective service while maintaining the efficiency necessary to achieve a maximum margin of profit.
- Manage the elevator workforce through responsible training, clear job assignment definition and explanation, correct deficient performance, and effectively reward and develop all employees.
- Monitor stored grain condition and maintain quality of inventory.
- Oversee the accurate weighing, grading, binning, dumping and pricing of incoming grain.
- Oversee the blending, unloading, and loud-out of trucks and rail cars. Complete the required documentation.
- Oversee, monitor, and enforce all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or needed.
- Provide work direction to the Agronomy, Energy, Grain, Feed and Operations departments.
- Communicate with all Management, Employees, Safety, and Patrons.
- Manage the operation set forth by the Regional Manager, and Board of Directors goals.
- Provide patrons with prompt, efficient, service while maintaining the maximum profit for the Region.
- Educate employees in the operation of Farmers Elevator.
- Set goals for the operation, and employees to match long range plans in the Region.
- Investigate and resolve matters of significance on managements behalf.
- Consult with users to determine hardware, software or system functional applications.
- Design, develop, document, analyze, create, test or modify computer systems or programs (including prototypes, based on and related to user or system design specifications).
- Design, document, test, create or modify computer programs related to machine operating systems
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Bachelor’s degree in an Agriculture related program (additional years of experience may offset education requirement)
- 5 plus years of production agriculture and Coop management experience
- Supervisory experience
- Ability to lift 75 lbs, climb rail cars, ladders, stairs and bins
- Ability to operate loaders, conveyors, tractors, and track mobile
- Ability to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and temperatures
- Grain Merchandiser or Agronomy Sales experience
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.