CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS Inc has an exciting opportunity in our River Plains Business Unit, within our Country Operations Division, based out of Gettysburg, SD. We are looking for a Director of Operations to support our 10 plus agronomy locations within a 250 mile radius. Ideal candidates would have a strong understanding of the agriculture industry and have prior leadership experience. You must be a proven leader able to motivate and lead employees to accomplish goals. Come join CHS!
**Relocation package available to those candidates that meet qualifications for our relocation program.
- • Oversee agronomy operations at multiple locations.
• Direct operations according to divisional objectives to provide patrons with prompt, courteous and effective service while maintaining the efficiency necessary to achieve a maximum margin of profit.
• Manage Location Managers on programs, pricing, and overall strategy.
• Act as liaison to the General Manager, developing and implementing procedures and controls to promote communication and adequate information flow within the organization.
• Develop and manage operating, capital, and lease budgets.
• Develop & recommend product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share and partner with the agronomy sales team.
• Oversee and ensure inventory is in place and accurately accounted for.
• Assist in developing a centralized dispatching approach for rolling stock (floaters, sprayers and semis).
• Serve as a liaison between suppliers, vendors, and distributors to management and sales staff.
• Achieve satisfactory profit/loss ratio & market share in relation to preset standards & industry & economic trends.
• Ensure effective control of marketing results and take corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives fall within designated budgets.
• Research, analyze, and monitor market opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity.
• Establish and maintain relationships with key industry and strategic community partners.
• Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
• Perform other responsibilities as needed or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- 7+ years of experience in Operations and/or Business Operations
- Prior leadership experience with progressively advancing level of leadership responsibilities
- Ability to make decisions and work effectively both independently and collaboratively
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with an ability to influence others
- Strong negotiation, public relations and organizational skills
- Associate’s degree in Business, Agronomy or Agriculture related program preferred
- Agribusiness/Location management/Agronomy Sales experience preferred
- Co-op experience preferred
- Class A CDL preferred
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.