Senior Trade Execution Specialist
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity for join our EMEA Trade Execution Team to be based in our office in Geneva. This opportunity will add value for our producers, owners, customers and key stakeholders by providing an effective link to North Africa markets.
- Coordinate and execute complex trade execution activities, including public and private tenders.
- Execute and oversee all the activities related to import & export bulk executions such as drafts/documents for export and import, legalizations, quality monitoring, claims, laytime calculation, etc.
- Execute and oversee all the activities related to ocean operations for dry bulk cargoes.
- Responsible for documentary credits, when applicable.
- Prepare and review stock reconciliations, Profit and Loss (P&L) accounts and act as liaison with Finance department.
- Reporting and system maintenance (JDE, BSM, Intelex, D365, Purple Track, etc.).
- Implement fundamental concepts and practices of laytime and demurrage calculations for dry cargos and identity opportunities to optimize at best calculations.
- Ensure that the results and set-ups are aligned with the trading units (EMEA & GTC desks and Ocean Freight).
- Ensure close collaboration and information sharing with internal and external stakeholders. Act as liaison with traders, brokers, agents at origin and destination, risk department, supervision company, buyers and warehouse keepers and banks to ensure the smooth flow of information between departments.
- Continuously focus on supply chain and execution process improvement, actively participate in system development.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Good understanding of Logistics and Trading flows and interest in international business.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in trade execution (import & export), including public and private tenders.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in ocean operations (dry bulk cargoes).
- Proven experience of all types of documentary credits and bank guarantees.
- Laytime & demurrage.
- Excellent communication skills. Customer oriented.
- Fluent in English and French is a must. Arabic is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Documentary credits or equivalent experience.
- GAFTA / FOSFA / NAEGA.
- BIMCO / International conventions.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in MS Office suite.
Get job alerts
Interested in a specific role or location? Sign-up for job alerts and we’ll automatically notify you when there’s an opening.
Join our talent community
Want to stay in touch? Join our talent community and we’ll send you updates about what’s happening at CHS and when we’re hiring.Sign up