CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS Northwest has an opportunity at our Retail Country Store in Ferndale, WA. We are looking for a Part-Time Warehouse Worker to safely and efficiently perform the job functions of loading/unloading trailers, moving pallets of product, palletizing bags, picking orders, completing documentation and cleaning in the warehouse. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, be self-motivated and work well in a team setting.
- Provide excellent customer service; work with internal and external customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Under general direction, perform all job functions within the warehouse including loading/unloading trailers, moving pallets of product, palletizing product, picking orders and completing documentation.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area and workstations neat/clean and complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Assist in training new employees.
- Manage product inventory and follow first in-first out shipping and rotation principles.
- Complete shipping, receiving and inspection documents neatly and accurately.
- Operate equipment for loading and unloading. This includes operating an end loader, switching engine, fork lift, and skid loader.
- Conduct truck and railcar inspections prior to loading with product.
- Perform basic preventative maintenance and assist maintenance techs as needed.
- Follow all plant and food safety rules and procedures.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Must meet minimum age requirement
- Ability to become certified to operate a forklift and dispense propane
- 1+ years of experience in Supply Chain and Procurement and/or Warehouse Operations
- Ability to perform math related to order counts and inventory management
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Prior warehouse experience preferred
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
- Ability to stand, squat, twist and bend repeatedly
- Ability to climb ladders, stairs and bins
- Ability to lift 55 pounds repeatedly
- Ability to wear all required PPE such as: hard hat, hair net, safety glasses, face mask and safety boots
- Ablility to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and temperatures
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.