CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity at our facility in Grandin, ND. We are looking for a Quality Assurance Technician. You will ensure products meet specifications as they are processed and packaged so our customers receive only the highest quality products. You must be detail oriented with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, be safety conscious, and have a continuous improvement mindset. Schedule is 10 pm - 6:30 am Monday- Saturday.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all quality requirements for producing ready-to-eat food products.
- Ensure Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) are being followed at all times.
- Perform routine testing (physical, organoleptic, and chemical) on inbound, in-process and finished products in a timely manner.
- Follow Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs) when performing in-house testing and collect/prepare samples for outside lab testing.
- Document all QA checks concurrently using Good Documentation Practices (GDPs) and verify operator checks are being performed and documented as required.
- Identify, segregate and place products on hold when the product or process is out of specification.
- Perform ATP and microbial swabbing of equipment and surfaces.
- Be a Food Safety Champion on the floor while supporting food safety and regulatory compliance initiatives.
- Investigate product or process deviations to determine root cause and prepare written reports.
- Perform additional testing as needed.
- Participate in training opportunities to further food safety and quality knowledge.
- Maintain clean and safe work area at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work overtime if needed.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High attention to detail
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as averages, percentages, etc
- Proficient with MS Outlook, Excel and Word
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1-2 years Quality Assurance role in food production
- HACCP or PCQI Certifications
- B.S. in Biology, Chemistry, Food Safety, or similar
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.