CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity at our Fargo, ND facility. We are looking for an Inventory Assistant to join our growing team. You must be a self-starter, organized and detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and able to work well independently.
- Receive all incoming and outgoing freight and process documentation.
- Monitor and maintain accurate and up- to-date inventories of parts, materials, and general office supplies.
- Organize and control parts, materials and supplies to minimize downtime.
- Conduct a complete physical count of inventory monthly, quarterly, and annually.
- Run annual inventory reports and assist auditors as needed.
- Utilize the Maximo program to track inventory and create new part numbers.
- Build working relationships with vendors and contact as needed to order tools and supplies.
- Conduct ongoing effective communication with suppliers, vendors, internal & external customers, peers and management.
- Perform general administrative and other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years of ordering and inventory management experience
- Knowledge of parts and equipment
- Knowledge of the Maximo or other inventory system
- Associate’s degree in Business or Supply Chain Management
- Ability to drive a forklift and operate a hand truck
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.