CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity at our facility located in Fairmont, MN. We are looking for a Shipping/Receiving Technician to ensure proper movement of meal and mill run into trucks and rail hoppers. Looking for someone who is self-motivated, has the desire to learn, and works well with others. Must be able to work a 12-hour rotating shift schedule. Starting rate of pay $23.69/hour.
- Inspect all equipment to ensure proper movement of meal, prevention of spills and minimize dust created in normal operation.
- Load soybean meal and mill run into trucks and rail hoppers.
- Ensure trucks and rail hoppers are clean, suitable for loading, properly weighed empty, loaded and weight certificates completed for each load.
- Gather samples for all loads being shipped, accordance with A.O.C.S Official Methods and Procedures set forth by Production Manager.
- Ensure that information is gathered for and reported on record sheets.
- May be required to deviate from normal process procedures and use independent judgment.
- Ensure operating maintenance and lubrication is completed as needed.
- Ensure meal inventories are taken at the end of each day and record on record sheet.
- Perform special duties as needed during shutdowns.
- Maintain all tools issued and monitor them as your own.
- Help establish a culture of safety with team members.
- Assist in training new employees.
- Complete a thorough training program and pass a written exam on the Process Safety Management program.
- Participate in annual training classes as required on Environmental, Health, and Safety.
- Complete shipping, receiving and inspection documents neatly and accurately.
- Operate equipment for loading and unloading. This includes operating an end loader, switching engine, fork-lift, and skid loader.
- Conduct truck and railcar inspections prior to loading with product.
- Follow all plant and food safety rules and procedures.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Must meet minimum age requirement
- Forklift certification or ability to obtain forklift certification
- Ability to work extended hours during peak seasons to meet business demands
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Prior warehouse experience preferred
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
- Ability to stand, squat, twist and bend repeatedly
- Ability to climb ladders, stairs and bins
- Ability to lift 55 pounds repeatedly
- Ability to wear all required PPE such as: hard hat, hair net, safety glasses, face mask, and safety boots
- Ablility to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and temperatures
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Interested in a specific role or location? Sign-up for job alerts and we’ll automatically notify you when there’s an opening.
Join our talent community
Want to stay in touch? Join our talent community and we’ll send you updates about what’s happening at CHS and when we’re hiring.Sign up