CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for an individual to join our team as a Laborer.You will perform general labor duties such as material handling, machine operation and maintenance, product loading/unloading/delivery and facility cleaning in a safe and timely manner.You must be customer focused and be able to follow instructions, work independently and with others, and promote a positive image of CHS.
- Carry out general labor responsibilities promptly and efficiently.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the commodities handled at the location and comply with company policy and government regulations pertaining to commodities.
- Conduct regular housekeeping duties such as sweeping, shoveling, power washing, scraping, and cleaning up spills. Complete appropriate record keeping.
- Deliver products such as fertilizer, chemical, seed, feed and others to customer sites.
- Prepare to unload trucks and railcars which may require sampling, loosening large nuts, opening hatches, and attaching and/or detaching flexible hoses.
- Load and unload products from trucks in a timely manner.
- Verify proper working order of equipment before use and maintain and repair equipment as needed for safe and efficient operation.
- Perform warehouse work including driving loader, loading/unloading inventory, forklift operation, and general maintenance.
- Promptly report any customer complaints, repair or maintenance needs, or safety concerns to supervisor.
- Provide management with input on improving efficiency of operation and profitability.
- Work with customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Knowledge of Production and/or Operations
- Ability to work extended hours during peak seasons to meet business demands.
- Ability to operate machinery such as loaders, conveyors, tractors and track mobile.
- Able to lift 75 pounds
- Able to climb rail cars, ladders, stairs, and bins
- Able to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and temperatures
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.