Hazmat Truck Driver
CHS drivers spend their days making life easier for their customers – farmers, ranchers, local feed & seed stores, community gas stations and refineries. You’ll know most of the people on your route and you’ll be home most nights for supper.
More than any other role at CHS, you’re the connector. Moving products from sellers to buyers. Transporting supplies from production facilities to customers. Keeping rural America in business from before spring planting starts to well after fall harvest ends.
CHS is one of the biggest names in agronomy, energy and grain processing. Join our driving team and see where your career takes you.
- Having these traits leads to success in any of our driver roles:
- Safety driven
Safety & service
As part of the CHS driver team, safety and customer service matter more than anything:
- Safety — You’ll be hauling a variety of materials, some of which are hazardous. That’s why you’re required to have certain licensures and why we provide a new or late-model truck with top of the line safety equipment. This is a job where safety always comes first.
- Service — Once you arrive safely, then it’s all about the customer. You’ll get to know them and become familiar with the unique rhythm of their business. And when it’s harvest time, you’ll go above and beyond because that’s the spirit of a rural community.
I’m carrying hazardous material, so I’m constantly thinking about safety. On average, I only drive 120 to 175 miles a day. I make a lot of short trips back and forth through rural areas, so I’m always on the lookout for farm equipment and school buses and keep a safe distance from them on the road.— Mark Siefers Driver and recipient of the CHS Transportation Million-Mile Safe Driving Award
Fun fact: Mark has driven over 2 million miles without a safety incident — the equivalent of driving around the world 80 times.
- Dry van trucks
- Straight trucks
- Class A CDL
- Class B CDL
- Hazmat endorsement preferred
- Primarily local
- Home most nights
- Retail outlets that sell products to large farming operations
- Warehouses that are designed to distribute our packaged goods to retailers
- At the co-op level, working directly with local farmers and ranchers
- Commercial driving + fill-in warehouse work
- Crop inputs (fertilizer, protection, nutrients)
- Nitrogen, phosphorus, potash
- Palletized products like feed and fertilizer
- Hazardous- license endorsements
- Tankers (multiple load)
- Pressure trailers
- Class A CDL (some positions only require a Class B CDL)
- Hazmat/Tanker endorsement
- 2 years or 200,000 miles of verifiable tractor trailer experience endorsement
- Primarily regional; some long-haul
- Home most nights
- Gas stations, bulk plants (large propane bottle)
- Smaller trucks take to farms and smaller businesses
- Refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products.
- NH3 (Anhydrous Ammonia)
Benefits & perks
We offer all of the benefits you’d expect from a large, international employer. Plus, we’ve made sure they’re affordable for every stage of your life — whether you’re early-career and starting a family, late-career and looking ahead to retirement or at any point in between.
Life and disability insurance
401(k)/ Retirement Plans
Military pay differential
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Transportation Division. We are looking for a full time CDL A Truck Driver in the Edgerton, WI area to deliver refined fuels and propane gas to CHS customer locations in a safe and efficient manner.
*This role is eligible for a $3,000 sign on bonus.
• Competitive Hourly Rate & Mileage
• Benefit eligible employees receive:
o Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance + Long & Short-Term Disability
o Paid Holidays + Paid Time Off (Vacation & Sick Pay)
• Retirement Benefits:
o 401K with Company Match
o Company Funded Pension
• Profit Sharing
CHS is one of the biggest names in agronomy, energy, and grain processing. Join our driving team and see where your career takes you.
• Deliver commodities to customer locations in a safe, punctual, and efficient manner.
• Complete daily maintenance report and notify shop supervisor of any needed repairs.
• Complete pre-trip and post-trip inspections as well as loading and unloading products.
• Follow all guidelines and regulations for hauling bulk liquid products to include, but not limited to Petroleum, Propane, and Anhydrous Ammonia.
• Maintain electronic logs and on-board computer with each shipment.
• Utilize loading arms and hoses for loading and unloading.
• Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures, and regulations.
• Work extended hours in-season to meet business demands – may include weekends.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
• Valid Class A CDL with Hazmat/Tanker endorsement
• 2+ years of verifiable tractor trailer experience
• High School diploma or GED
• Must meet minimum age requirement
• Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
• Ability to lift/carry up to 80 lbs., walk, stand, sit, bend, and kneel
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Interested in a specific role or location? Sign-up for job alerts and we’ll automatically notify you when there’s an opening.
Join our talent community
Want to stay in touch? Join our talent community and we’ll send you updates about what’s happening at CHS and when we’re hiring.Sign up