Experienced Account Payable/Account Receivable Specialist
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
The Barge Settlement team is looking for a Specialist, AP/AR Experienced to join our team. The position will be responsible for estimating, invoicing, advancing and settling barge contracts while maintaining relationships with internal/external customers. The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail and organizations skills while working in a fast-paced environment. Experience with Microsoft Office, SAP (or similar ERP system) and problem-solving skills are highly desired.
- Address and resolve varied and complex escalated issues.
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing and collection of money due to the company, and banking deposits.
- Maintain accurate and complete client files/filing and make recommendations to improve the quality of invoicing and collection procedures.
- Monitor processing of invoices and ensure timely payments.
- Review client documentation to ensure proper systems set up and compliance with correct accounting procedures.
- Ensure proper recordkeeping of purchases for use in tax preparation and periodic audits.
- Train and provide guidance to Accounts Receivable/Payable team members; provide assistance as needed.
- Maintain a process for tracking receipt of data and source documents.
- Monitor and report on changes in payment standards.
- Prepare and sort source documents and interpret data to be entered.
- Contact preparers of source documents to resolve questions, inconsistencies or missing data.
- Perform data entry in the Accounts Payable/Account Receivable System from source documents, complete necessary coding, confirm accuracy of data, and make necessary corrections.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as needed or assigned.
- 2+ years of experience in Finance, Accounting, and/or AP/AR
- High School diploma or GED
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Experience using automated financial and accounting systems.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills
- Associate degree in finance, Accounting, Statistics, Economics, Business, Business Administration, or related field
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Get job alerts
Interested in a specific role or location? Sign-up for job alerts and we’ll automatically notify you when there’s an opening.
Join our talent community
Want to stay in touch? Join our talent community and we’ll send you updates about what’s happening at CHS and when we’re hiring.Sign up