CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Agronomy Division. We are looking for a Warehouse Supervisor who has a strong understanding of the Ag industry. You will lead, plan, direct and coordinate location operations based out of our Dumas, TX location. You must be organized, detail-oriented and have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Oversee the operations of the warehouse according to divisional objectives to provide patrons with prompt, courteous and effective service while maintaining the efficiency necessary to achieve a maximum margin of profit.
- Ensure programs are implemented at the site, to include housekeeping, safety and equipment maintenance to avoid breakdowns and limit safety hazards.
- Work with Warehouse Manager on all safety and compliance issues.
- Establish and implement short-term goals consistent with long-range plans for growth in operation, including facility, equipment and personnel.
- Communicate regularly with warehouse manager, account sales managers, department managers and divisional staff.
- Utilize staff and equipment within CHS to provide excellent customer service and satisfaction.
- Supervise staff through responsible training, clear job assignment definition and explanation.
- Monitor work of all employees to correct deficient performance and effectively reward and develop all employees.
- Oversee movement of crop protection product, receiving, loading and storage with other Warehouse Managers and Account Sales Managers.
- Ensure a quality product through regular monitoring of inventory.
- Work extended hours as needed to meet business needs.
- Cultivate and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations.
- Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High school diploma or GED
- 4 plus years of Warehouse and/or Supervisory experience
- Computerized warehouse management systems
- Associate degree in Agronomy or Agriculture related program
- Agribusiness location management experience
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.