CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity within our Southwest Grain division. We are looking for an Agronomy Sales Manager. You will plan and direct the sales and marketing of the organization’s Agronomy products and services offered by the cooperative to area producers through a team effort.
- Manage the sales team and activities for a multi- million dollar Agronomy operation to include Chemical, Crop Nutrients, Yield Point Precision Ag and Seed.
- Train and Develop sales team on programs, pricing and overall strategy for the Agronomy division.
- Oversee the ongoing training of the sales team, requiring sales team to achieve and maintain their CCA, Certified Crop Advisor license.
- Ensure sales team is promoting the right programs which have been predetermined to offer the best returns for both the patron and cooperative.
- Ensure pricing is consistent across all locations within the division
- Work with sales team on competitive issues to guarantee the best outcome.
- Work with producers to earn new business and manage assigned key accounts.
- Work in conjunction with the Agronomy Department Manager to source best programs from suppliers, provide input into budgets,
- Ongoing communication with Management & Sales staff to monitor competitive products and marketing activities.
- Establish, build, and maintain relationships with key industry and strategic community partners.
- Plan and oversee advertising and promotion activities as well as communication of sales programs, incentives and purchase options.
- Understand what margins are needed to achieve budget, take corrective action when needed to ensure marketing objectives support the achievement of designated budgets.
- Conduct marketing surveys on current & new product concepts; provide feedback for future product development.
- Maintain a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Engage the sales team by way of CRM implementation and Professional development by way of Action Selling.
- Sales – establish and attain annual sales goals of agronomy products
- Value Proposition – establish and attain sales goals of CHS Branded products of Crop Protection, Allegiant, Agellum Farm Plans
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- 3 plus years of experience in Agronomy Sales to include:
- Chemical Sales
- Crop Nutrient Sales
- and/or Seed Sales
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy or Agriculture related program
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.