CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity for a sales leader to join the team. We are looking for Retail Sales Manager. The leader will plan and direct the sales and marketing of the organization’s Agronomy, Grain, Animal Nutrition, and Energy products and services offered by the cooperative to customers through a team effort. This role is responsible for leading large sales teams who are geographically based in a remote environment. The Sales Manager will leverage technology and all available resources to implement business strategies that will achieve sales objectives and provide exceptional customer experience to the customers.
- Lead the retail sales team for all sales activities with a focus on product lines to include Agronomy, Energy, Animal Nutrition, and Grain.
- Lead and support all hiring, onboarding, professional development, coaching and mentoring, training, and performance management for immediate sales team members.
- Establish and manage sales goals set in alignment with overall business strategy and focused on achieving target performance within each product line.
- Identify and monitor all KPIs to ensure a focus on growth, margin management and people performance indicators.
- Maintain competence of market competition, trends, and activities while communicating relevant information across stakeholder teams.
- Establish, build, and maintain relationships with key industry and strategic community partners.
- Ensure sales team is utilizing aligned sales processes and service delivery to offer the best returns for both the patron and local business units.
- Understand what margins are needed to achieve budget goals and take corrective action when needed to ensure marketing objectives support the achievement of designated budgets.
- Match capacity and capabilities with sales forecast needs to ensure an efficient and cost-effective supply chain.
- Generate and ensure follow through on sales leads to achieve improved market share within designed geography and territories.
- Leverage technology, data and relationships to identify cross-selling opportunities and market share growth across product lines.
- Collaborate and work closely with key internal stakeholders to ensure continuity between business strategy, goals and critical deliverables.
- Maintain a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, service delivery, and events.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field.
- 4 years of experience in Agronomy, Grain, Animal Nutrition, or Energy Sales.
- Previous experience in a sales role demonstrating and delivering strong sales performance and/or previous experience leading sales teams
- Bachelor’s degree in business and/or agriculture related program.
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.