CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 11,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations Division. We are looking for a Technical Maintenance Millwright to aid in the production of high quality feed products through preventive maintenance programs for all feed mill, grain storage facilities and equipment while ensuring personal and fellow employee safety through all processes. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and be detail oriented. You must also have a strong mechanical ability and mathematical aptitude.
- Assist the Manufacturing Managers and Feed Maintenance Supervisor to plan and implement repair and renovation projects and develop and maintain written maintenance and repair histories for facilities and equipment.
- Adhere to Company policies for the protection use, maintenance and disposition of company assets, fixtures, machinery and equipment.
- Assist with maintaining equipment lists with such information as machinery specifications, vendor information, drive unit specifications, and other pertinent information for all equipment in the feed mill and grain storage areas, for future use in establishing histories and for decision-making about replacement, repair and maintenance of such equipment.
- Review and perform preventive and predictive maintenance on feed mill facilities and equipment.
- Diagnose problems and repair equipment as needed, recognizing when to recommend outsourcing projects when necessary.
- Assist in backup for general company maintenance on an as-needed basis and be available for emergency repairs and assistance on larger projects.
- Be available on an on-call basis during feed manufacturing shifts.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- 1 plus years of manufacturing experience
- Experience with maintenance and repair in a production setting
- Knowledge of Stick and MIG Welding and automated manufacturing PLC systems
- Ability to operate forklift
- Ability to be on an on-call basis
- Ability to lift 50 lbs, bend, turn, twist, climb ladders, stairs and bins
- Ability to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and temperatures
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen
- Agricultural background
- Feed Mill experience
- Experience with feed batching equipment, pellet mill equipment, electrical circuits and motors
- Experience with grain handling systems
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.