CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS Animal Nutrition has an opportunity for a Feed Mixer Operator. You will perform duties required to manufacture animal feed such as material handling, machine operation and maintenance, and facility cleaning in a safe and timely manner.You must be able to follow instructions, work independently and with others, have good communication skills, both written and verbal, and promote a positive image of CHS.
- Operate feed manufacturing equipment safely and efficiently.
- Mix and prepare livestock feeds efficiently and in a manner that assures accuracy and high quality.
- Use a computer to mix ingredients for specified formulations.
- Properly weight all premix additions per established formulations.
- Follow pre-sequenced production schedule to batch all mixed feeds in accordance with the CHS’ quality assurance program.
- Mix feed in order as they are sequenced and flush when necessary.
- Perform sequencing, recording, and documenting of all feed manufactured during shift
- Maintain accurate production and FDA records, entering data into Excel spreadsheet.
- Assist with equipment maintenance and repair as needed.
- Effectively communicate with managers, co-workers, and customers.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Perform general work around the facility and other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- 1 plus years of manufacturing experience
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Farming background
- Feed Mill experience
- Able to lift 55 pounds repeatedly
- Able to bend, turn, and twist repeatedly
- Able to climb ladders, stairs and bins
- Able to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and temperatures
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.