CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 10,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS Primeland has an exciting opportunity in our Country Operations division in our Clarkston, WA. We are looking for a Precision Ag Specialist to provide training on Precision Ag and manage and guide farmers and producers on their Precision Ag programs. You must be able to make sound decisions, have the ability to influence others and work cross functionally. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Competitive pay
- Bonus program
- Excellent health insurance, dental, vision, hearing, and other benefits
- Paid vacation, 401k + matching, Company funded pension
- Tuition reimbursement
- And much more!
- Consult with CHS sales force, applicators, and management to identify customers and successfully administer and grow the program.
- Meet with farmers and producers to promote the program and document initial priorities, problems, needs, wants, and expectations.
- Combine traditional management skills with precision farming tools (site-specific mapping techniques) to develop strategies with farmers and producers to give them the tools and information to make the best management choices for their crop production, and provide the greatest economic return.
- Utilize GPS to locate specific field positions. Coordinate soil sampling and use GIS to create field maps based on GPS data to record and assess the impact of farm management decisions.
- Use data sensors to monitor soil properties, crop stress, growth conditions, yields, etc. to provide instant (real-time) information that can be used to adjust or control operational inputs.
- Learn every applicable feature of Agellum and pass this knowledge on to our sales force (farm planning, digital work orders, digital dispatch etc.
- Make recommendations together with the ASR to farmers and producers based on timely and accurate information including data on crop characteristics, hybrid responses, soil properties, fertility requirements, weather predictions, weed and pest populations, plant growth responses, harvest yield, post harvest processing, and marketing projections.
- Continuously reassess the profitability of precision farming programs with farmers and producers by comparing yield monitor data to financial records for specific fields.
- Develop and increase product knowledge of the sales force, applicators, and management through internal presentations, training, etc.
- Coordinate sales strategies; advertising, field days, grower meetings, etc.
- Stay current on new technologies, products, trends, and challenges in order to make informed recommendations to growers.
- Perform other responsibilities as needed or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
- High School diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience in Agriculture Production and Operations
- Prior experience with current industrial and farm products/practices, diagnostic and servicing procedures, and GPS/GIS software
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions by analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to interpret the meaning of information for others; explaining what information means and how it can be used
- Demonstrated ability to provide consultation and guidance to customers, sales, applicators and management.
- Demonstrated ability to monitor and review information from events and/or the environment, to detect or assess problems
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.